Tuesday, September 6, 2011

31 Weeks, 6 Days

Just a quick post today. I head to NYC for a few days for work and need to get myself in gear for that. I'm feeling good! I think my body has finally gotten used to the medicine I'm taking to prevent regular contractions, so for the past 2 days I haven't had the problem with my legs swelling. I'm also taking it every 8 hours instead of every 6 hours, in part to make sure the fill I have of the prescription lasts me through when I get home.

A woman I see every week for my Hebrew lesson said to me today, "You don't get any bigger!" I would beg to differ! But at least I feel pretty good. A little more unwieldy every day, and I have to sit or rest more every day, but I'm feeling "strong" as my old boss likes to say. I know things will only get tougher for me until delivery day, and then after that things will just be different as we develop a new routine. So for now I'm trying to enjoy every minute of being pregnant and I'm not getting frustrated when I have to go slow or take a minute to rest.

We're inside the 2 month mark and we're so excited. The little guy needs to stay put for several more weeks, but we can't wait to meet him. Some afternoons I go into the nursery and sit in the glider and read aloud one of the books we have ready for story time. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment