Thursday, September 22, 2011

34 Weeks, 1 Day

Moving around definitely helps. I've been working the last few days, so sitting at our table writing and not really moving around. Today I was much more active, and the baby has been quieter. That also means it's time for a quick nap soon!

I checked a big personal goal off the list today, the last one. We have that crib mattress I was so concerned about (haha)... car seat... strollers... glider... all of that. Aside from a changing pad, we're good to go. And we don't even need that, I suppose. So while I know the baby isn't ready yet, I'M ready. Physically, at least.

Hubby is a marathon runner, and my goal is to run a half marathon. Ideally before the baby turns one. (Maybe writing it "out loud" will make me stick to it?) I want to be back on the treadmill through the winter and be able to run 3 miles with the baby come spring. Then worry about training from there. I want our little one to grow up with a respect for living a healthy lifestyle, and I want both his mama and papa to be role models in that respect. I know that as we age, we're better off the more active we are as the young folk we are today. Feeling like it's difficult to move now makes me all the more eager to be active once the baby is born! We'll see how much energy I actually have when push comes to shove... but hopefully I'll remember how much better I feel after I work out. Maybe I'll scroll back and read this post. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment