Wednesday, August 31, 2011

31 Weeks

31 weeks today! After a bit of a bump in the road, I'm feeling better. The contractions last week and the medication I've been on to prevent them took a bit out of me. It has made my legs swell whenever I stand up for more than 10 seconds. While that's still happening, I think it's easing. It's worse in the evening than during the day, and whenever I put my feet up it goes away. When I went to the doctor today (I saw a different one from the practice than the one who initially put me on the medication when I was in the hospital), he said I didn't need to be on it or that I could not take it and see if I have contractions... picking back up if I do feel them. (Usually the medication is to stop contractions that are changing the cervix. Mine's still seeeealed shut.) We ended up agreeing I'd stay on the medicine since I'm traveling for work next week. It's just sort of an insurance policy (fingers crossed) that nothing happens while I'm out of town.

31 weeks! Ahhhhh! We're in the single digits of weeks to go. I remember being just 9 weeks along! That was 30 pounds ago! 30 pounds. Omg. I can't believe I've gained that much weight. But I don't really feel it aside from my belly and boobs so I'm not going to worry about it. Not much I can do at this point anyway! Oh and my body has started getting ready to breastfeed. I'm leaking -- what fun!

Hopefully weeks 31 and 32 won't have as many "new happenings" as week 30 did. After that point I'm back home with nothing on my calendar except growing this little guy.

We put up our decals and they look AWESOME! We are just. So. Excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment