Saturday, August 27, 2011

30 Weeks, 3 Days

Fun with contractions! We spent most of the day yesterday at the hospital with regular contractions. They've changed from the long contractions (several minutes to hours) to short contractions at regular intervals. I went in and discovering that I was contracting at the rate I thought... but the baby looks great on the monitor and is moving around a ton. I had a bag of IV fluid and am now on blood pressure meds every 6 hours to prevent the contractions. The doctors also gave me a steroid shot for the baby's lungs "just in case the baby is delivered in the next week." That was a little terrifying to hear. But it's all precautionary. No cervix change despite all the contractions, so that's good. That's what we want at this point.

We're home now and waiting for Hurricane Irene to land here in CT. Hopefully the power stays on and the water stays outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment