Thursday, August 4, 2011

27 Weeks, 1 Day

27 weeks! I'm definitely feeling more pregnant than ever before. Makes sense, eh? More front-heavy. None of my regular, non-maternity shirts consistently reach my pant line. I've been having more hip discomfort, too. I think it's a combination of factors, largely the fact that I'm trying to sleep more on my left and right sides (something I rarely did pre-pregnancy). When I was walking at the reservoir yesterday I felt the pull of a contraction on my lower-right side, pulling the ligaments/muscles that are between my right hip and uterus. That impacts my stride and makes that hip hurt too.

We spent the weekend in DC and had a great time! It was a busy weekend but it was so wonderful to see all our friends! It was extra nice to see a friend who is expecting her second child. I learn so much from experienced moms! Things to do, not do, products to avoid or definitely get. We also picked up some goodies for the baby which is always fun! The car ride took its toll on my body, but it was all worth it. A few walks at the reservoir and I'm feeling a lot better.

Sleep is getting trickier by the day. The more front-heavy I get/feel, the harder it is to roll over comfortably. I'm a little worried I'm going to strain a muscle in my back or neck just trying to move from my left side to my right side.

The baby moves a ton! I love it! Sometimes it's a little frustrating... haha... like at 5am. But I know there are some women out there (like my sis) who don't feel their babies move very much because their placentas are in the front (mine is in the back), so I try not to be annoyed by those kicks that keep me awake. I just spent the last 10 minutes trying to record a video of my stomach but everytime I hit "record" he stops moving. I hope he won't be camera-shy! Between my television anchor/producer background and the hubby's television directing background, that shouldn't be a real concern. Hehe.

We're in the last trimester. Due 3 months from Tuesday! Can't wait. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment