Friday, July 8, 2011

This is Precious

At 23 weeks and 24 weeks (um, maybe I peeked)... the baby books and blogs and web sites start to mention viability. It's crazy to me that this little guy who has been growing and moving around inside me for weeks is only just now reaching the edge of the window of viability outside of me. It's something I don't even want to think about or talk about let alone write down, but here I am. My sister is also pregnant (3 weeks ahead of me) and had a bit of a scare this week. Not preterm labor, but the stage right before it. One overnight in the hospital, some rest and medicine later she's allowed to ease back into work with half days next week. Another episode like this one and it's bedrest. In the midst of how wonderful and exciting it is to be pregnant, sometimes the sprinkles of fear fall more like dollops. You make it enough weeks to hear the heartbeat... whew... then to see your little one in your 1st ultrasound... whew... then your 2nd ultrasound... but there's always some story you hear or some "friend of a friend" that makes you hold back just a little bit of your excitement. Every day becomes a milestone, even if you think (like me) that you have nothing to worry about. So I bask in every kick and every movement because they're little reminders that everything is going fine.

Our little guy moved a TON today! We went for a walk with our friend Aleen who is in town to run a marathon with the hubby this weekend. We head to Vermont tomorrow and the marathon is Sunday. It's hubby's 7th! I'm praying for good weather (cool and overcast) and a good run. I know he is too! He's been doing his training and hopefully everything will go smoothly. I know this baby will love outdoor time and running with his daddy. Hubby is a dedicated runner, and I look forward to getting there eventually. Maybe. Haha. Certainly not until the baby is born! But it's one of the many things I love about my husband -- he loves to be outside together and to be active. A jogging stroller is in our future and I know he'll be putting it to use!

There are many things I imagine about this little guy growing inside me, and one of them is he and his father running together. I love closing my eyes with my hand on my belly and picturing that kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment