Thursday, July 21, 2011

25 Weeks, 1 Day

Today is hubby's birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY HON! We've had a lot going on in the last year, and we sure have fun things coming in the next year. We moved, got new jobs, sold and bought a house, got pregnant... major life events!

In a random way, being pregnant is like being back in the South. Everyone is so nice! I walked early this morning at the reservoir and everyone was full of smiles and hellos and good mornings. Okay, so it's like the South... with people staring at my growing belly. I love the people who don't ask about the pregnancy ("because it would be rude to assume"), and yet they stare at my belly the entire time we're chatting. Cracks me up!

Heartburn and indigestion have been crazy lately, but Dad suggested I take my heartburn meds later at night/closer to when I go to bed and that's helping tremendously. I feel like my body is much more sensitive to things than it was before, like what and how much I eat and when I eat it. Hubby has always said I'm very in tune with my body... but I think that helps.

Being pregnant has me less baby-obsessed. Is that odd? Okay, well, less other-people's-babies-obsessed. I pepper the mom and dad with questions, completely ignoring the baby. Ha -- I'm missing the baby for the Bob! I'm soaking up as much parental intel as I can... and not ashamed of it.

How I Feel: Great!
Bump Size: Regular shirts aren't reaching my pants anymore. Oh well. Mothers say I look little, but non-mothers who are my friends tell me I look huge (guessing that's a difference in comparing me to other 25-week pregnant people vs what I looked like... 25 weeks ago).
Cravings: None really. Anything I eat gets old immediately and I don't want to see it again. Until 2 hours later when I want more. Or 2 days later when it becomes appetizing again.
Nursery Changes: We bought our carseat! We even put it in the car. Just to practice. :) Now it's airing out in the baby's room! SO excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment