Saturday, October 8, 2011

36 Weeks, 3 Days

Hello early labor! This is only enjoyable if it means that labor is imminent. Unfortunately it doesn't. We were at the hospital for a few hours yesterday, but no cervical change so hope we went. (We'd also gone in because little one was sluggish and not moving around as much as normal. His movements picked up late in the afternoon so we were cleared to head home.) I'm still contracting regularly, but nothing of stronger intensity than I was feeling yesterday. When the resident said early labor, I asked the nurse what that meant. She said it means my body is practicing for active labor, but real labor could start in 2 hours, 2 days or 2 weeks. Let's hope it isn't 2 weeks, as long as baby is ready. I'm not due for 3.5 weeks. If we're not close, I hope the contractions ease/cease. Only time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment