Friday, June 8, 2012

Naps

Naps remarkable things for me, for so many reasons. Sometimes I put Jack down and he goes right to sleep. Other times he sits right up (a new trick!) and plays and shrieks and sings... and then cries before falling asleep. Other times he fights it tooth and nail and it's a #napfail. This morning I put him down when I "felt" like it should be nap time. He woke up at 7, had a 5oz bottle and later ate some squash and zucchini (new today) and then a smaller 3.5oz bottle. Then it was 9:45, so I changed his diaper and put him down. He wasn't exhausted, his eyes weren't puffy. But he rolled over and by the time I came back a few minutes later to check on him after putting a load of laundry in... he was out cold. (As an aside -- he's really effing cute sleeping in just a diaper. Less cute when he spits up some squash on his shirt... but maybe it's because he knows he'll out-cute the situation by sleeping nekkid.)

And the fact our babies fight naps. It's so funny that most adults will nap any time they're allowed, but children treat them like punishments! I was chatting with another mom the other day, saying, "Don't they know they'll be so much happier after their nap? Just go to sleep! You'll be happier for it!!"

Someone is up from naptime... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment