Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Finding a Balance

If you search "balancing life's demands" in Google, more than 59,900 responses come back. It's tough, and there's no easy answer. As a stay-at-home mom who works from home part-time, it can be really tough. Usually that's because I have a hard time balancing my expectations with reality. If I'm awake, I feel like I should be the one to go if Jack fusses or is hungry -- even if I'm on deadline. But even aside from that, it's tough to work with a fussing baby in the room. I have to figure out how to balance what I think I ought to be doing, how I think things ought to be going... with how they really ought to go. And how to mitigate my stress and verbalize my feelings at the time in a constructive way. And that's tough. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment